XEOMIN by Merz is a new generation botulinum toxin that smoothes wrinkles, while maintaining a natural, vibrant facial expression without the frozen look.
SO, WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT XEOMIN BY MERZ?
XEOMIN is known to be the most advanced botulinum toxin type A thanks to its highest biological activity and the lowest protein content.
Its main advantages are outlined below:
- It is an innovative product that eliminates wrinkles while preserving your facial expressions. That’s why it’s especially great for those of us who hate the frozen look or concerned about friends, family and colleagues knowing they have had botox done.
- It is a gentle preparation with a minimal likelihood of an allergic reaction.
- It rarely causes swelling in the periorbital zone.
- It’s stable at room temperature while it hasn’t been reconstituted.
PROBLEMS SOLVED BY XEOMIN
Since many types of facial wrinkles are caused by the muscles contraction, they disappear or become less visible when the muscles lose the ability to contract. And this is precisely where XEOMIN comes useful: it belongs to a group of neurotoxins and its main pharmacological action is a muscle relaxation.
So, by having your face treated with XEOMIN, you achieve the following:
- Reduce horizontal and vertical lines on the forehead;
- Minimize wrinkles between the eyebrows also known as glabella or eleven lines;
- Eliminate wrinkles in the corners of the eyes, also known as crow’s feet;
- Reduce lines above and under the lips;
- Minimize wrinkles on the nose also known as bunny lines;
- Rejuvenate neck area;
- Improve facial contour.
XEOMIN is contraindicated to patients suffering from the following health issues:
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Bleeding disorders;
- Infection or inflammation at the proposed injections sites;
- General diseases in the acute stage;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Also, XEOMIN is contraindicated to patients taking antibiotics, anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, Relanium and Baclofen.
Moreover, XEOMIN is contraindicated to pregnant and breastfeeding patients. It is also not recommended to undergo the procedure in the first days of the menstrual cycle.
XEOMIN INJECTION PROCEDURE
To begin with, the doctor would visually examine the problem areas and collect information about your health condition. Everything is important for the success of the procedure: age, the presence of chronic diseases and allergic reactions, the history of cosmetic procedures and much more. Based on this data, the doctor would select the appropriate XEOMIN dosage and establish treatment zones.
Before starting the procedure, your skin must be carefully prepared: make-up should be removed and treated with an antiseptic solution. In case of excessive sensitivity, your skin can be treated with a topical anesthetic. Then the injection site is marked with special points.
When it comes to XEOMIN administration, there are several known injection techniques. The doctor would choose the most suitable one, depending on the goals, nature of the problem, number of wrinkles and their depth and location.
A noticeable effect occurs within 5 days after the procedure while the final result manifests after 2 weeks.
As for duration of the result, it is important to note that although the manufacturer claims it lasts up to 4-6 months, realistically you would be looking to repeat the procedure after 3 months maximum.
RECOMMENDATIONS AFTER XEOMIN ADMINISTRATION
For best results and quick recovery, listen to your doctor carefully, follow their advice and take the following precautions:
- Do not lay down during the first 4 hours after procedure;
- Avoid making active facial movements for the first hour;
- Do not sunbathe for 3 days;
- Avoid taking antibiotics and tranquilizers for 2 weeks after the procedure (the effect of these drugs will reduce the effectiveness of XEOMIN);
- Restrict access to the sauna and pool for 7 days.
Follow the above recommendations and XEOMIN will have a better chance to restore your facial youth, making your facial expression more relaxed, your skin less wrinkled and your overall appearance much younger.