WHAT IS OBAGI TRETINOIN 0.1%
OBAGI TRETINOIN 0.1% is a prescription topical cream containing Tretinoin, a derivative of vitamin A.
OBAGI TRETINOIN 0.1% has the ability to activate the production of new, healthy cells in the deep layers of the dermis, restore intracellular synthesis, reduce pigmentation of various origins. Preparations containing tretinoin should be used in the presence of the following symptoms:
- Wrinkled, uneven skin;
- Various types of acne such as Acne Vulgaris, Acne Confluence, Blackheads, Whiteheads, pustules, papules;
- Nodular cystic elastosis;
- Follicular keratosis;
The main indications of this cream include the following:
- Increased exfoliation of dead skin cells;
- Activation of cellular activity, stimulation of mitosis (division) of cells;
- Stimulation the production of collagen and elastin fibers;
- Increase in skin firmness and elasticity;
- Normalization of melanocytes’ activity;
- Prevention of unwanted pigmentation caused by exposure to ultraviolet radiation, hormonal imbalance, premature aging, etc.
When treating skin conditions with tretinoin, it is necessary to consider certain aspects. This substance acts in the deeper layers of the skin, so the result is not immediately visible. Increasing the dose may lead to irritation, and not to improvement in the result. The feeling of discomfort, redness and flaking of the skin are possible side effects that may arise at the initial stage of recovery. These symptoms indicate that your skin is getting adapted to a new substance Tretinoin.
In any case, consultation and observation with a dermatologist or beautician is necessary.
After a couple of months of treatment, new pigment spots, papules, pastules may appear. But it is very important to continue the therapy.
Effects of tretinoin treatment will become noticeable only after three to four months. Once you see first positive results, you must continue with treatment.
It is necessary to regularly contact a specialist and follow their recommendations.
HOW TO USE OBAGI TRETINOIN 0.1%
Wash your face well with soapy water and wipe off. Wait for half an hour before applying the cream: it is necessary that the skin is well dried because this minimizes the irritating effect of tretinoin. Use before bedtime, only once a day.
Volume & Packaging: 20 g tube
Concentration: 0.1% in cream base
Storage Conditions: Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children and pets
OBAGI TRETINOIN CREAM 0.1% is manufactured and distributed by Obagi Medical Products, Inc. based in Irvine, California.