EMLA CREAM REDUCES DISCOMFORT DURING ADMINISTRATION OF DERMAL FILLERS & MESOTHERAPY PRODUCTS
WHAT IS EMLA CREAM?
It is a numbing medication. EMLA CREAM contains two medicines: Lidocaine and Prilocaine. These belong to a group of medicine called local anesthetics.
INDICATIONS & BENEFITS
This medication works by numbing the surface of the skin for a short time. It is put on the skin before certain medical and aesthetic medical procedures. EMLA helps to stop pain on the skin, however you may still have the feelings of pressure and touch.
ADMINISTRATION OF EMLA CREAM
When you buy EMLA online, make sure you thoroughly read the instructions leaflet provided within the product package before applying this numbing medication.
Provided below are some of the basic directions intended to guide you through the process of treatment:
- It is to be applied at least 1 hour prior to any type of cosmetic procedure. For more advanced purposes, such as skin surgery, the term of application is commonly 2 hours prior to the operation;
- Once you have selected the area upon which you will apply the cream, squeeze a thick layer upon the area, without spreading it too widely or rubbing it in. The layer of cream should be approximately 5 mm thick and have 20 mm in diameter, but may vary depending on the procedure you are going to commence;
- Have a specific dressing ready. The cream must be used with either band-aid dressing or occlusive film dressing;
- Keep the dressing in place for at least 60 minutes. Depending on the procedure you are undergoing, you may need to wait for an additional period of time; in adults, EMLA cream can be left on the skin for up to 5 hours;
- When the time of the cosmetic procedure comes, remove the dressing and clean off any remaining cream. Any procedures should to be performed only when all the traces of the cream have been removed.
1 g of EMLA cream administered from the 30 g aluminum tube corresponds to a length of cream string of approximately 3.5 cm.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT EMLA CREAM
Active Composition: Each gram contains Lidocaine 25 mg and Prilocaine 25 mg.
Volume & Packaging: 1 x 5 g tube or 1 x 30 g tube.
Accessory: Package Insert only.
Storage Conditions: Do not store above 30℃ and do not freeze.
EMLA CREAM is manufactured in Ireland by Aspen Pharma