Acne scars, large pores, skin pigmentation, or age spots can be unsightly and embarrassing. Fortunately, you may be a candidate for collagen induction therapy, a procedure that offers an effective solution to your skin concerns and help you regain your confidence.
Collagen induction therapy (CIT), commonly known as microneedling, is a popular treatment option for individuals who want smoother, younger-looking skin. It is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that stimulates existing collagen and elastin in the skin to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, large pores, and scars.
WHAT MAKES COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY SO POPULAR?
There have been significant breakthroughs in feminine and skin care, from sustainable period underwear to innovative anti-aging treatments. With ongoing advancements in aesthetic medicine, you now have more options for skin rejuvenation than ever before, ranging from chemical peels to collagen injections, dermabrasion to laser therapy.
However, while these procedures can greatly enhance your appearance, they frequently need some post-operative recovery time that many individuals do not have.
Fortunately, there is a new solution that is not only highly successful, but it is also entirely natural. Collagen induction therapy helps to rejuvenate the skin from the inside out.
The primary reason collagen induction therapy is so popular compared to other cosmetic procedures is that it requires little to no recovery time. Moreover, it’s proven safe for most individuals when performed by a specialist.
Apart from some redness and slight discomfort, patients should not be concerned. For many people, microneedling is the most convenient way to minimize the appearance of acne scars and other facial markings. It’s an excellent alternative for individuals dissatisfied with face creams, masks, and peels.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Collagen induction therapy promotes collagen production, tissue regeneration, skin rejuvenation, and scar reduction. It increases dermal and epidermal thickness, improving skin texture and appearance.
Microneedling may be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including the following:
- Fine lines, wrinkles, and nasolabial folds
- Age spots, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone
- Acne and surgical scarring
- Large pores and rough skin texture
- Dull and sagging skin
- Sun damage
- Stretch marks
The therapy is completely safe for all skin types and colors. In contrast to heat-based technologies, there is no burning or coagulation of the skin. As a result, the likelihood of adverse effects is significantly decreased.
Collagen induction therapy is suitable for individuals who:
- Wish to reduce or reverse the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Want a non-surgical and minimally invasive alternative that offers safe and effective results.
- Have hectic schedules packed with family, work, and personal obligations. Microneedling procedures are quick, requiring little recovery time. Follow-up sessions are spaced four to six weeks apart, making scheduling convenient.
HOW DOES COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY WORK?
Microneedling is a ground-breaking procedure that uses ultra-thin needles to produce hundreds of microchannels across the surface of your skin. These microscopic “injuries” activate your body’s natural healing abilities, resulting in accelerated skin cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production.
Simply put, collagen induction therapy is the process of rejuvenating the skin by inserting minuscule, sterile needles into your skin. When your skin is pricked, your body automatically rushes to repair it, resulting in a plumped, more youthful appearance.
- Collagen induction therapy begins with cleansing and exfoliating your skin.
- Your skin is then numbed with anesthetic cream to minimize any discomfort during the entire treatment.
- A microneedling tool, a pen-like device that houses the microneedles, is then rolled over your skin to create micro-channels (micro-injuries), triggering healing and growth factors to work.
- Active ingredients are infused through the micro-channels, working deep within your skin, without the discomfort or downtime associated with conventional treatments.
- The specialist will then focus on your specific skin concerns by infusing therapeutic serums, such as, fo example, skin brightening serum Dermaheal SB, into your skin for increased penetration and overall efficacy.
- The specialist may apply a topical cream on your skin to calm the inflammation.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Microneedling produces relatively immediate results. You can expect to have plump, rosy, and radiant skin for a couple of weeks after a session. However, because the treatment’s efficacy is derived from the healing process of the skin, some individuals may notice significant improvements only after a few sessions.
If you have severe scarring or wrinkles, more treatment sessions spaced four weeks apart may be necessary to achieve optimal results.
The recovery period after the procedure is typically minimal. For the remainder of the day, avoid washing the treated skin or exposing it to excessive heat.
You may have some skin irritation and redness in the days after your procedure, but you should be able to resume your daily activities if you feel comfortable. However, your skin will be more sensitive to the sun, so it is strongly recommended that you apply sunscreen.
Immediately contact your doctor if you experience any bruising, bleeding, or worse.
Collagen induction therapy is a relatively safe and effective treatment that has grown in popularity because of its remarkable results. It helps improve the overall appearance of your skin by tightening and rejuvenating loose or aging skin, reducing wrinkles and fine lines, and minimizing scarring.
Consult a dermatologist or specialist who is qualified and knowledgeable in these procedures before scheduling a treatment.