THE MOST INNOVATIVE SKIN CARE DOESN’T COME IN A JAR OR A TUBE – IT HAS AN ELECTRICAL CORD OR A USB CHARGING CABLE
Anna’s Cosmetics now stocks a range of the newest use-at-home beauty devices. All of them were designed using esthetician’s-office technology and have real data to back them up.
WHY BUY USE-AT-HOME BEAUTY GADGETS
We live in an on-demand world — with the expectation that our meals, entertainment and transportation will be available in a few minutes — or in an instant. That “right-now” attitude is also transforming the way we look at the anti-aging treatments as we continue to spend a lot on aesthetic “lunch-time” procedures. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons estimates that every year we spend out up to $20 billion on dermal filler injections, mesotherapy procedures, laser and dermabrasion treatments, liposuction, tummy tucks among other procedures.
Although doctors always try to convince us that their professional machines deliver stronger, more-intensive treatments than use-at-home beauty gadgets that we can buy online, the market for high-tech devices that can be used at home such as micro-needling rollers, LED, ultrasound, microcurrent and radio-frequency tools, is flourishing.
TYPES OF USE-AT-HOME BEAUTY DEVICES
Most of the use-at-home beauty devices fall into one of eight categories:
- Radio-frequency devices – machines that deliver radio-frequency energy into the skin with the goal of increasing collagen and elastin production to lift and tighten the skin. RF devices are best for firming sagging skin;
- Microcurrent devices – devices that deliver electrical waves to the skin to stimulate adenosine triphosphate, a nucleotide that plays a crucial role in skin rejuvenation (and a naturally occurring cell-building block that declines with age). Microcurrent devices are best for firming sagging skin.
- Micro-needling rolls (or dermarolls) or electric pens that prick the skin with tiny needles. The healing process is supposed to stimulate collagen growth. These devices are best for scarred, photo-damaged and thin skin;
- LED light devices which are indicated to eradicate acne-causing bacteria, stimulate collagen growth and reduce skin irritation. LED light devices are best for smoothing out wrinkles, plumping the skin, calming rosacea;
- Sonic-cleansing devices, Clarisonic is being one of the examples;
- Ultrasound (or ultrasonic, as it’s called in the biz) devices – home ultrasound machines that use the energy produced from sound waves to stimulate cells located far past superficial skin layers, which in turn jumpstarts collagen production, reduces inflammation, and promotes blood circulation. Ultrasonic therapy can aid in the fight against several common skin care problems, including Hyperpigmentation, Aging skin, Rosacea, Wrinkles, Acne. Ultrasound devices also make regular skin-care products more effective. Through the process, which is known as phonophoresis, the ultrasound expands the skin's transport pathways, "pushes" the active ingredients into deepest skin layers and strengthens your skins metabolism. Here, they can achieve their maximum effect and form depots. Since ultrasound also improves blood circulation and oxygen/nutrient supply, the regenerative capacity of your skin increases and new collagen synthesis is stimulated;
- Gadgets with sensors that were created to check your skin’s moisture levels and pigmentation or provide data on UV rays, humidity levels and temperature;
- Microdermabrasion tools - Microdermabrasion is a form of exfoliation that removes the top layer of dead skin cells and uneven, thicker layers of skin. Professional machines use crystal and diamond microdermabrasion tips. The crystals are sprayed, and the machine follows by vacuuming them. The suction or vacuum action also serves to pull the skin closer to the sandy disc in order to abrade the skin and remove dead cells. Home devices do not spray and use crystal or diamond tips; however, unlike with professional machines, the amount of suction cannot be controlled. Microdermabrasion tools are best for fine lines and mild sun damage.